Ask toolbar is an internet browser toolbar designed to make the search functions simpler. This toolbar is installed in your computer along with other programs. As most of you might have installed this program unknowingly, you might be wondering how this program got into your computer.
Ask toolbar can make your internet browser run slow and can affect the overall performance of your computer. Now, if you have the Ask toolbar installed in your internet browser, you might be thinking of ways to remove it. In this article, we will find out the steps to remove Ask toolbar from your computer.
If you are using a Windows XP computer, follow the steps given below to remove the toolbar.
- If any internet browser on your computer is running at present, close it.
- Select the option Start and then choose Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, choose Add/Remove Programs. You can also directly access the Add/Remove Programs by entering appwiz.cpl in the Run window and clicking the OK button.
- From the list of programs installed in your computer, choose Ask Toolbar.
- Select the option Change/Remove. This will remove the toolbar from your computer.
If you are using Windows Vista computer, follow the steps below to remove the toolbar.
- Close the internet browsers running in your computer.
- Select the option Start and then choose Control Panel. You can also directly access the Control Panel window by entering Control Panel in the Run window and clicking OK.
- The Control Panel window gives you different options. From these options, choose Programs and then choose Uninstall a program.
- This will open the list of programs that you have installed in your computer. From the programs, choose Ask Toolbar. Remember that the programs are arranged in alphabetical order. Therefore, you can find the Ask Toolbar on top of the list.
- After selecting the Ask Toolbar, choose the option Uninstall. This will give a warning message. Select Continue and this will remove Ask toolbar from your computer.
With the above mentioned steps, you can successfully remove the toolbar from your computer. Once you finish the above steps, you may open various internet browsers to check if the toolbar has been completely removed. After removing the toolbar, you will find that your internet browser runs a lot quicker and is faster in loading web pages than before.