Mozilla Firefox is considered one of the best internet browsers in the world, as it is relatively free from virus attacks and offers great browsing speed. However, once you install add-ons to Mozilla Firefox, you will notice that the browser speed slows down and it takes much longer for internet pages to load in the program. According to Mozilla support, this occurs because the browser starts to take more time to load these add-ons along with the web pages and the only fix for this issue is to uninstall the unwanted add-ons from the program.
According to Mozilla support, there are two types of add-ons. One type of add-ons is installed in the browser with your knowledge and seeks your permission clearly before installation. Other type of add-ons come bundled with other programs or is installed in the browser when you click on links from unknown sources. These add-ons are more dangerous as they will not only slow down your browser but also redirect it to unknown websites. Therefore, it is advisable that you remove unwanted toolbars from your Mozilla browser to increase your browsing speed. Let us go through the steps involved in this process.
According to Mozilla support, you can remove the toolbars from the browser either directly from the browser or from your computer. Let us first find out how to remove them from the browser.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click the option Tools.
- Select the option Add-ons.
- The above step will open a new window with the heading Add-ons Manager. From the various options in the left pane of the window, select Extensions. This lists various add-ons installed in Mozilla Firefox. From the list, choose the unwanted add-ons or the ones, which you think are not genuine. Choose the option Remove.
With the above steps, you can remove the add-ons from the browser. Now, if you wish to remove the add-ons completely from your computer, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Control Panel window and double-click the option Add or Remove Programs. This will open the window for all the installed programs in the computer.
- Choose the add-ons that you wish to remove from the list one by one and click the option Remove next to them.
- Restart your computer.
With the above steps, you can remove the toolbars from Mozilla Firefox browser and your computer. For additional assistance, you may contact the Mozilla support center or our technical support team.