It is a well known fact that PC gamers are still in abundance in the world, which is the reason why Microsoft, Sony and other console developers are releasing more and more consoles in the market. Usually gamers who own both a PC gaming machine and an Xbox console had to play the games in both devices separately. However if you have an account with Microsoft’s Games for Windows Live, you will be able to play the games on PC with the Xbox too, provided the games have been released for Xbox too. Here we discuss how you can create an account with Games for Windows Live.
- Navigate to the Windows Live website and move to the account creation page. Create a Live ID by entering appropriate information such as email address, password and date of birth in the respective fields shown in the page. Verify the details entered in the page and click on the Next button to create a gamertag for Xbox Live.
- Enter the gamertag in the text field and check for availability, if the tag is not available, Windows Live help will provide you with some alternatives based on the tag you have entered. After selecting a gamertag of your choice, select a profile picture and a gamer zone. Now click on the Next button to continue with the setup.
- To finish the creation of your account, click on the I Accept button found at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate to the Games for Windows homepage and click on the Download button found in the page to download Games for Windows Live software. You can easily locate the Download button as it of large size and blue in color.
- When the download completes, launch the setup to install the downloaded program to your system. Click on the Next button to continue with the installation procedure.
- Windows live help center advises that you click on the Next button until you see a progress bar on the screen showing the progress of installation.
- Once the installation is complete, open Games for Window Live application by double clicking on its icon found in the desktop and login to your account using your Live ID and gamertag.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you will be able to create a Windows Live ID and access Xbox games through Windows Live.