Windows Chat Programs
If you wish to communicate with your loved ones, then you may use different tools for it. Now, it may not always be affordable to talk with your loved ones over the phone, as it could be very expensive. In this scenario, one of the simplest tools that you can choose to keep in touch with your loved ones is a chat tool.
There are different chat tools in the market and among them, the chat tool from Microsoft, Windows Live Messenger, is popular around the globe. Earlier, the name of this chat tool was MSN Messenger or MSN Messenger Service. However, the program has undergone many modifications over the years and it has now been renamed as Windows Live Messenger.
According to Windows Live chat support, this program will help you to do different things in addition to chat functions. With Windows Live Messenger, you can send pictures to your loved ones. Now, in this post, we will find out how to do this with the program.
- Press the Windows key in the keyboard and open the Start menu of the program.
- In the Start menu, select the option All Programs.
- The above step will give the list of all programs that are present or installed on the PC within the Start button.
- Look for Windows Live Messenger in this list and click it to launch the program.
- Once the Windows Live chat tool comes up, choose the name of the friend from the list of contacts to whom you wish to send the picture.
- Go to the location of the picture in the computer, which you wish to send to the friend. If you fail to locate the picture, select the option Share and then type a keyword to search for the picture.
- The above step will locate the picture. All you need to do is drag and drop the picture from the location and it will be sent to the contact immediately.
Install Windows Live Messenger
Now, in addition to pictures, you can send other files through the program like videos, music, documents etc. However, make sure that the size of the file that you send is low. Otherwise, you may not be able to send the files.
If you have any doubts regarding the steps mentioned above, you may contact Windows Live chat support or our technical support team for assistance.
Windows Live Installation
Windows Live Messenger is no longer continued by Microsoft. Earlier known as MSN messenger, the popular instant message service Windows Live Messenger has officially retired and given way to the newer and more powerful Microsoft Skype. Founded in 2003, Skype was formally acquired by Microsoft Corporation very recently in 2011.
Skype provides Instant messaging services but it gained popularity for providing video chat and voice calls over the internet. Apart from that, Skype can also be used for exchanging files and images and even conference calls between multiple users. Skype has a large user base because of it is compatible in all platforms, from mobile phones to tablets and even iOS and Android devices. Calling users over internet using VoIP is considerably cheaper than conventional calls. Recently, Microsoft has revealed its plans to use Skype for Enterprise use as well. In place of Microsoft Lync used for business communication, Microsoft will soon roll out Skype for Business in late 2015.
Since Skype is the only working messaging program, you can uninstall Windows Live Messenger and save valuable space. In order to do this, you can either contact the Windows Live help desk, or make the following changes yourself.
- Click on the Orb button in the left corner of your screen in order to open the Start menu. From inside the Start menu, click on Control Panel.
- From the list of options, you will find Uninstall a program option under Programs. Click on it to view the list of programs installed in your computer.
Troubleshooting Windows Live
- From the list, click on Windows Live Essentials, and select Uninstall/change. This will bring up the Uninstall Program Wizard. Click on Uninstall and then hit Continue.
- You will be displayed the list of programs under the Windows Live suite. Select Windows Live Messenger and then click on Remove.
Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the program. Every trace of the program will be deleted once the Wizard uninstalls the program.The same set of instructions can be used to uninstall every other Windows Live Essential components. Windows Live Messenger opens up on startup, wasting a lot of computer resources. Hence, uninstalling the program will save a lot of space and will appreciably speed up your computer. If you have followed the instructions stated above, you will see that the program has been uninstalled from your computer. If you require further assistance, contact the Windows Live help and support desk for further details.
Windows Live Help Team
Skype For Windows Desktop is now out of the beta tag in their recent version. Users were waiting for long to have the full version of Skype for Windows. Those users who just cannot wait to get the latest version will be able to download it from the official website. Microsoft released the preview version of Skype for Windows and Mac to the public before sometime and in the latest version, a new user interface was introduced and this is not much different from that of the Skype mobile version.
It is great news to the users that Skype for Windows desktop is now available in full version. The latest version of the program follows the modern design language of Microsoft in a closer way when compared to the older versions of the program. The latest version of the program is now ready for download. As said earlier, the preview version of Skype for Windows and Mac was released only recently and this preview was welcomed wholeheartedly by the users. As per the reports and reviews on the latest version, it is designed to offer a much easier way to chat, check the pictures and to share them.
Windows Help And Support
With the latest changes to the Skype program, users will be able to message and do video calls side by side. Also the group video conversations in the program are also deemed free now. Another change in the program is that the emoticons that are used in regular instant messaging with the Skype program have also undergone an enlargement process. This will increase the visibility of the emoticons and make them much easy to see. This was confirmed after contacting the Windows Live chat support team.
The latest update has brought voice and video call to the web browser of the users. This means that the user will be able to do a voice or video call right from the web browser. This is obviously a great feature and many of the users have up voted for this feature in blogs and forums. The recent features to the programs from Microsoft prove that they are heeding to the complaints and needs of the users.
If you wish to know more on the features and updates to the Skype program, you can contact the Windows Live chat support team. They will be able to let you know more on the latest news and updates.
Windows Online Support
Email clients help you to manage your email accounts with ease. Once you install an email client in your computer, you can add the email accounts one by one to it and then start using the email client to view, send, and download emails from the internet servers. The advantage of using an email client program is that you do not have to worry about logging in to the mail servers frequently to check for emails. When you receive an email in the email program, notifications would come up.
Now, there are several email client programs in the market. Microsoft has been the leader when it comes to email programs. The software giant has released programs like Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express etc. and all of them have been a huge success. Windows Live Mail is considered by many as the best among the above mentioned email programs from Microsoft. It has a better interface compared to other programs. According to Windows Live technical support, the features of Windows Live Mail are also much better compared to its competitors.
The reading pane of Windows Live Mail offers pick and drop functions, which is not present in other email programs. With this, you can read and manage the emails more quickly. The searching of emails with Windows Live Mail is much easier. The program allows users to search for emails at all accounts with a few simple steps. Users are allowed to move the messages and categorize them with the simple click of a button.
Fix Windows Live Issues
Now, when it comes to security, Windows Live Mail is considered as the best email program in the world. Keep in mind that emails are one of the easiest sources through which viruses spread. However, the Live Mail is capable of scanning emails for threats. The program has an in built antivirus program for this function and it checks for threats regularly. It keeps out all emails that are from sources that are not trustworthy. You can configure Windows Live account with POP3 or IMAP4 and this email program supports majority of the account types.
Now, sometimes, you can encounter troubles with this email program. If you know the settings to configure the program, make sure that you check it and ensure if it is entered properly. If it is not the issue, it is advisable to contact Windows Live technical support for help.
Windows Live Chat
To use Windows Live Messenger, it is not necessary for you to be working on a PC. Microsoft Live chat is offered through a chat Messenger for Smartphones and mobile devices including Xbox 360 gaming consoles. Read to know more about the chat Messenger. Windows Live help is available for Live Messenger in the official Microsoft website.
Including Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live services are offered to the users in two different ways for mobile devices. One of them is through browsers for mobile devices that can connect to the internet while the other one is available as software installed in the computer.
When you choose to chat on Xbox 360 console, your television or Xbox Live, you have the option to chat with all the contacts in Windows Live Messenger. You also have the option to chat with your Xbox Live friends as well. Moreover, you have the option to combine both the contact lists into one list. Some of the other things that you can do are,
- Broadcast to your Xbox Live contacts on what you are doing currently.
- You can have as much as six active conversations with different people in one go.
- To chat while playing or watching a video, you have the option to plug in a computer keyboard and chat with the one you intend to.
In case you have never set up Windows Live Messenger in your Xbox, follow these steps to chat while you play on the gaming console.
Windows Live Support
- Register for a Windows Live ID after setting up a Windows Live Account.
- In the dashboard of Xbox, go to Xbox Live Area and then select Chat And IM.
- Click on the Messenger tab and then select Continue after which you need to select Sign Up For Messenger.
- Click on Continue, enter your Password and then select Done.
- No click on the option Save Password and then click on Continue.
- This will list the contact information of different people in Windows Live Messenger, who have also signed up for Messenger on Xbox Live.
- You can choose the list of friends that you want to invite to Xbox Live and then click on Done.
Whenever you want to sign into the Messenger in Xbox, all you need to do is go to the dashboard. Select Chat and IM, then the Messenger tab and finally click on Sign In To Messenger. Visit the Windows Live help page to know more on this Microsoft Live Chat utility.
Features Of Windows Live
Windows Live Email program helps you to configure your email and thus, helps you to view the internet emails just by launching the computer. The Windows Live Email client comes with the Windows Live Essentials package. You can easily configure this email client with a few simple steps.
According to Windows Live technical support, you can configure the program using IMAP. The advantage of configuring the account with IMAP is that it will keep the messages in the internet server and does not download it to the computer. If you have already configured the program with POP, we will help you to change it to IMAP. In this post, we will take you through the steps involved in this process.
- Double click the shortcut icon for Windows Live Mail to launch the program. You may also launch it from the list of All Programs in the Start menu.
- Once Windows Live Mail comes up, choose the option Tools. This will open a new sub menu where you will find the option Accounts. Select this option. If you do not find the menu bar of the program, press the Alt key on the keyboard and the menu bar will come up.
- With the above step, the Accounts window comes up. Here, locate the email account that you want to change. Select the email account and choose the option Properties.
- The above step launches the window for Properties.
- As you have all the configurations set up, you just have to change the IMAP section. For this, select the tab IMAP.
Windows Live Configuration
- In the option for Root folder path, type Inbox.
- Mark the box for Check for new messages in all folders. If you wish to save drafts, sent messages and deleted messages on the server, mark the option Store special folders on IMAP server.
- In the option for Sent Items Path, type Sent.
- In the option for Drafts path, type Drafts.
- Enter Trash in the field for Deleted Items Path.
- For Junk path, you may give any folder name according to your wish.
- Select the button OK and then choose Close. This will close the open windows.
- Sometimes, you will receive a button that asks you whether you wish to refresh the folder list. Choose Yes.
With the above steps, you can change your Windows Live settings to IMAP. For further assistance on this issue, you may contact Windows Live technical support or our support team.
Windows MSN Messenger
As we all know, Xbox Live services allow gamers to connect their gaming consoles to the internet in order to connect and play games together on Internet Xbox servers. Gaming scenario has changed over the years, from indie-style arcane games to N64 gaming consoles. However, the gaming scenario entirely changed when online gaming started, bringing together gamers from states apart to compete on the same platform.
Over the years, online gaming has changed as well, bringing together tons of people from around the world, creating a new community that unites people of all ages. In order to increase the social aspect even further, Microsoft has made a few revolutionary changes into the Windows Live servers. Now, if you connect your Xbox Live GamerTag account to your Windows Live user ID, you will be able to connect with your gamer friends in the MSN messenger program. This means, you will be able to view the status of your fellow gamers, view which of them are online and even check on which games the friend is currently playing.
In order to enable this feature, you can either contact the Windows Live Support, or make the following changes yourself.
- From inside the Xbox Gaming console’s dashboard, click on Account Management. You will be able to view all your account related information. This information will be later needed to connect your account information to the gamer tag. This includes all your information such as name, phone number, ZIP code, and the last four digits of your account’s credit card number.
- Once you have checked and amended all these details, go back to your Windows Live user ID website and then
Linking MSN And Xbox Live
sign up for Windows Live ID if you do not use one. In case you are wondering, yes, you can use your existing MSN Hotmail email account or sign up using your email address. The Windows Live ID will automatically link together all your accounts in the same place.
- Go To Xbox Live website and login using the Windows Live ID. You might come across a few prompts, to which you have to give appropriate replies. Once you fill in the required fields, the Gamertag will be linked to your Windows Live ID.
- Now, proceed to sign in to your MSN messenger program on your computer. You will see that your account has now been synced and you will be able to view the status of all your Xbox Live friends.
If you face any issues while linking the accounts, you can immediately contact our Windows Live Support team to get further troubleshooting details.
Windows Live Support
Games for Windows Live makes use of the Xbox profile and gamertag that is associated with the Microsoft account of the user, just like the Xbox 360 and Xbox apps and games for Windows 8. The user will be able to manage some aspects of the profile through any Games for Windows Live game. The Windows Live help tips that are shared below will help you to know more on the steps to view and edit the gamer profile in Games for Windows Live.
A gamertag will be assigned to you when you make your Xbox profile, even if you are not using an Xbox 360 gaming console. To change the gamertag, you can follow the steps that are discussed below.
- Start any game from Games for Windows Live.
- Sign into Games for Windows Live by using the gamertag that you wish to change.
- You can now press on the Guide button on the controller or the Home key on the keyboard to open the Games for Windows Live Guide.
- Choose Gamertag, select Edit Profile, choose Gamertag again, and then select Change Gamertag. Follow the steps to make your new gamertag.
Viewing And Editing Your Xbox Profile
- Start any Games for Windows Live game.
- Press on the Home key on the keyboard or the Guide button to open Games for Windows Live Guide.
- Select your gamer card from Guide overlay menu.
- Choose Edit Gamer Profile.
- To change the gamer picture that is visible to anyone who views your gamer profile, choose Gamer Picture, select Change Gamer Picture, and then choose a picture.
Windows Live Team
- To change your personal picture that is visible only to your friends, choose Gamer Picture, choose Change Personal Picture, and then choose a picture.
- If you wish to change your motto, you can select Motto.
- To choose a gamer zone that fits your gaming style, choose Gamer Zone.
- To change your Name, Location, or Bio, you can select the appropriate option and then make the necessary changes.
- You may now press the Home key on your keyboard to return to your game.
These are the steps to view and edit the gamer profile in Games for Windows Live. If you wish to get further assistance in finishing the steps, you can contact our Windows Live help team.
Features Of Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live Messenger is one of the best messengers in the market, which helps you to stay connected with your friends and loved ones over the internet. It helps you with real time chat. The program not only allows you to send messages to your contact list but also send files. You may use the program to send videos, documents etc. According to Windows Live help blogs, the program is loaded with numerous features, which help in better communication.
As mentioned above, many useful features are incorporated in the program. The program is capable of saving your username and password. This feature can be of great help if you frequently use the program in a computer. This will avoid the difficulties of logging in to the program each time you wish to work with it. With the username and password saved in the program, you only need to double click it and can directly start chatting with your friends and loved ones. Now, the password-remembering feature would be helpful if you are using the program in your private computer, which is not used by others. However, when you use the program in a public computer, you should make sure that you are logged out each time after the use.
So, how can you clear the login credentials of Windows Live from a public computer? In this post, we will find out the steps involved in this process.
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Select the option All Programs.
Windows Live Chat Tool
- From the menu with the list of programs in the computer, choose the option Windows Live Essentials.
- From the new menu that has Windows Live Essential programs, choose Windows Live Messenger.
- Once Windows Live Messenger comes up, choose the option Show Menu. This is present above the contact list in the program.
- Select the option File and then from the menu that comes down, choose Sign Out.
- Choose the arrow, which is present next to the password box. This will open more sign in functions.
- Select the option Forget Me.
- Choose the button Yes to confirm your selection.
- Close the program.
With the above steps, your password is no longer saved in the Windows Live Messenger program. According to Windows Live help blogs, you may launch the program again to verify that your username and password is not saved in the program.
Windows Live Support
Windows Live Messenger can be termed as an instant messaging client that is compatible with Windows, Xbox, iOS and Java ME. Earlier, this messenger was launched as MSN messenger, which later on was rebranded as Windows Live. Some of the features of this messaging application include an album viewer, social networks integration, offline messaging etc. There is also a dedicated customer support service by the name Windows Live help that troubleshoots and fixes all the issues related to this email application.
With this advanced messaging application, you can easily chat with your friends and relatives. Along with this option, you can also choose the option to have your sign-in information remembered so that it becomes easier for you the next time. You can also remove your old Windows Live ID from the instant messaging application if you have already created a new one.
For this, you need to use the following instructions provided by the Windows Live help and support team:
- In the first step, you need to open the Windows Live Messenger application in your system. Now, check if you’re already logged in under the old ID. If so, then you need to click on the Show menu button, move the cursor over the File option and then click on Sign out to log out of the instant messaging application. Before you try to remove your old sign-in ID, you need to sign out of your system.
- Now, move on to the sign-in options on your Windows Live Messenger. Here, you need to select the option to have your sign-in information saved or even removed from the application.
Windows Live Messenger Features
- In the next step, you can click on the blue Forget Me link beside Remember Me and then remove your old sign-in information. At any point of time, you can also contact the Windows Live help and support team to get more information on fixing issues in the messaging application.
- Next, you’ll see a box popping up on your screen that would ask you whether you would want to remove the sign-in information in your Windows Live Messenger. Here, click on Yes.
- By clicking on this option, your old sign-in ID will be erased from Windows Live Messenger.
Now, you’ll be able to sign into Windows Live Messenger with your new ID and password. For more assistance on the same, you may also contact our Windows technical support team.