In case you are bored sitting at home and you are desperately wishing to find other Windows chat users that you can chat with, you have the opportunity to do it by making a profile search or adding people right from your email contact too, pretty easily. It is so great that, if you are lucky, you may even find old friends or family members on the program that you did not know that have been using the service. Apart from that, not only can you pass time talking and catching up, you have a great chance of reconnecting, using the online messaging service. You will be able to find various people that you may not know and you can create various friendships with the help of Windows chat network. Here are Windows live help instructions that may help you:
For Searching for Contacts
- First, you need to install a patch to connect the discontinued Windows Live Messenger to the network. Then, you need to log in using your username and password.
- Thereafter, you need to complete the automatic search wizard set up. You then have to provide Windows Live, the requisite permission for accessing your email contact book.
- You can then complete the wizard just by clicking on the ‘Next’ button. You will find that Windows Live will then automatically send invites to your friends in the email book that are using the chat service. When you have all these invites that have been accepted by you, you will then see them appear on your friends list ready for chatting.
Looking or perusing Profiles
- For that purpose, you need to log into your Windows Live account using your username and your password.
- You then need to type in a name into the Search box on the friends list available. You need to click on the magnifying glass icon for searching.
- You need to choose ‘Search Profiles’ and then a new window will be launched with the various matching profiles.
- After that, you need to click on ‘Add as Friend’ and you can see that an invite will be sent to the individual or the contact in the list. When he, she or they accept the request you will then be able to chat.
Hope the above Windows live help article helped you out. You can try it out yourself and start chatting with your friends.