Windows Live Messenger program is a free chat tool from Microsoft. It helps users stay connected with their friends and loved ones through text messages, video calls etc. In addition, the program also helps the users transfer files and documents with ease. With all these features, Windows Live has become the favorite chat tool of millions of users across the globe.
Now, in order to access Windows Live Messenger, you need a Windows Live account. With a Windows Live account, you can access not only the chat tool but also other Microsoft services like Xbox Live and Live Mail. In this article, we will find out the steps involved in creating a Windows Live Messenger Account.
According to Windows Live help center, you can set up a Windows Live account with a few simple steps.
- Launch your Internet Browser and navigate to the official website of Windows Live. Here, you will find the option, Sign up. Select this option and this will open a new window that asks you to enter a few details.
- Enter a username that you wish to be your email address. If the username you entered is already in use, you will be asked to enter a new one. Enter a password in the field for Password. Keep in mind that the password should contain at least six characters. It is advisable that you set up the password, which is a combination of letters, numerals, special characters etc. This will ensure higher security for your email account.
- Choose your country and enter information like your gender and state. Select the I Agree button, after going through the license agreement.
- Choose the option Edit Profile and this will give you the options to enter additional information. Once you complete the sign up process, navigate to the Download section of Windows Live page. Click the option Get Messenger and this will automatically download and install the messenger program to your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, run the program from the desktop shortcut and enter your newly created Windows Live ID and password to be online. Find friends who are online and start sending messages.
With the above-mentioned steps, you can successfully set up a Windows Live id and start using the Windows Live Messenger program. If you have any doubts regarding the steps mentioned above, you may contact the Windows Live help center for assistance.Google+