The ASK Toolbar is an add-on that is provided and powered by the IAC/ The Ask Partner Network. The toolbar is available for download on their website. It is not a virus but is a genuine browser add-on. But sometimes it is attached to other freeware and people may not realize that they have installed the ask toolbar on their systems. Many users like a browser experience that is void of such browser extensions. The add-on may sometimes decrease the speed of your browser if your system is considerably slow.
The add-on is a helpful browser extension. It has some great features that are designed to make your browsing experience easy and fast. For some reasons like less memory on your computer and other problems with the computer you may not want to use the ask toolbar. And you would want to remove it from your system. We can help you remove ask toolbar rather easily, than relying on third party programs to do it for you.
Remove the ask toolbar from internet explorer
- Press Alt +X to Manage Add-ons.
- Go to toolbars and Extension and click on remove Ask Toolbar.
- Click Search Providers on the left.
- Remove the search engine of the site and select another one.
- Save changes and close the window. Press Alt + X again.
- Go to Internet Option under the General tab, replace the current home page address with your preferred home address, and click OK.
Removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Hold the keys Ctrl + Shift + A to open the Add-ons Manager.
- If you are on the Extensions menu, click the Remove button next to the ASK Toolbar and close the tab.
- Press Alt + T and go to Options.
- Under the General tab replace the home address with your preferred one.
- Click OK and close the menu.
- Click the icon in the Search box at the top right corner of the Firefox window.
- Click Manage Search Engines and remove the unwanted search engine, and select your preferred search engine.
- Press OK.
- Press Alt +F and scroll to Tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove the Ask toolbar by clicking the trash can icon.
- Click Settings on the left, and under On Startup, select Open a page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages, remove the current home page address, and enter your desired one. Click OK.
- Under Search, click on Manage your search engines.
- Set any search engine that you like as the default search engine.
- Click Done.
- Restart your browser.
I hope you were successful in your attempts to remove the Ask toolbar. If you are still struggling with removing it, please download a third party tool which would remove it for you.